Best Cardio Machines 2017 – Buying Guide
There are a lot of cardio machines on the market today. How do I choose one that is right for me? We have researched top rated products and written thorough reviews so you can make an informed decision.
Top Cardio Machines 2017
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Cardio Exercise and Why We Need It
- 2 Types of Cardio Exercise Machines
- 3 Checklist Before Buying a Cardio Exercise Machine
- 4 What are the features to look for?
- 5 Here are the top cardio machines for 2017
- 6 Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 7 Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 8 Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
- 9 Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
- 10 Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
- 11 Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
- 12 Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
- 13 Stamina 15-0125 InStride Folding Cycle
- 14 DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser
- 15 Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Exercise Peddler
What is Cardio Exercise and Why We Need It
According to Tommy Boone, PhD, a founding member of the American Society of Exercise Physiologists, “Cardiovascular exercise is any type of exercise that increases the work of the heart and lungs.” Some of the many benefits of cardio exercise include:
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Improved blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Improved heart function
- Reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Improved muscle mass
You can exercise your heart in numerous ways including walking, running, swimming and by using cardio machines. In this post we are going to show you the various types of cardio exercise machines and brief reviews of the more popular machines.
Types of Cardio Exercise Machines
There are researches revealing that exercising in the treadmill is better than other fitness tools because it is natural for people to walk as well as run. You could readjust it setups, allowing you to walk, run or run also in your living-room. There are automatic and hands-on treadmills which can be purchased based upon the client’s choice. Apart from that, upkeep and storage is not that requiring. There are treadmills which can be bought for as much as $200.
Stationary step machines
This exercise equipment burns calories majorly, makings it a fixture in most fitness health clubs. It also aids in toning or improving hips, legs as well as butts. Stationary step machines or stair climbers would certainly allow you to check just how much calories you have burned when working out.
Some people find this tools to be the most challenging of all the cardio exercise devices. They supply great exercise for the reduced body as long as you utilize it appropriately. It could cause troubles on knees and feet if the weight as well as pressure are not utilized effectively.
Exercise stationary bikes
These are placed bikes which are continuously affixed on the ground. A great way to get a cardio workout at home, specifically for novices because it does require unique ability to run or use. There is also a smaller sized risk of injury. According to researches, concerning 30 minutes on the stationary bike would suffice.
They are likewise perfect if you have limited space. They are mobile as well as can be relocated to different places of your house. There are also some bikes that do not need to be plugged into an outlet.
In addition to treadmills, elliptical trainers are among one of the most prominent cardio workout equipment. The wonderful aspect of elliptical trainers is that there is little or no influence whatsoever which makes it perfect for people that have actually been dealing with joint muscle. It proved to be a great workout tools for seniors and also the senior that have knee and also joint troubles.
They are not that preferred as compared to treadmills or elliptical instructors however they supply a total and intense cardio exercise. Rowing machines would certainly often include displays that provide you info how much calories you are shedding. They can also be folded as well as saved quickly.
Checklist Before Buying a Cardio Exercise Machine
Individuals work out for 4 basic factors: to increase cardiovascular endurance, muscle mass strength, muscle mass endurance, and also versatility. If you’re a person whose goal is to raise cardiovascular endurance, you have to do workouts which will certainly strengthen your heart and improve your metabolic rate. Instances of these exercises are strolling, running, jogging as well as cross training. These can be done outdoors or inside.
To maintain the routine of normal workout, it is encouraged to utilize cardio workout tools. You can access numerous types of this tools at physical fitness gyms. However, if you think you can stay with your workout longer by having a residence fitness center, there are wide ranges of economical devices you can invest. Below are the important things you need to take into consideration prior to getting cardio exercise equipment:
1. Activities you intend to do – Before you shop, think of the exercises you wish to do to be successful in your health and fitness objective. If you choose walking, jogging and also running, treadmill is excellent for you. If you like cross-country winter sports, you might try elliptical trainers. If you favor biking as well as want to be a lot more comfortable while doing a workout, a stationary bike is for you.
2. Area – Some cardio workout tools that can be folded up so you can conserve storage area. Good examples of this are treadmills. Health and fitness experts suggest folding treadmills compared to non-folding treadmills as they are easy to keep. Nonetheless, folding treadmills are much more pricey that their non-folding equivalents. Tools that calls for larger space is elliptical trainers. This machine offers you the benefit of upper and reduced body exercise which is an exceptional overall workout.
The least tools that calls for space is the stationary bikes. It is also very easy to check out publications, books, enjoy television while using the stationary bicycles. If you like doing various other things like the ones discussed, stationary bicycle is the appropriate devices for you.
3. Reviews – It is always best to read consumer testimonials prior to finally choosing to get cardio workout tools. You can examine testimonials via the net; web sites like askthetrainer.com and homegymsadviser.com use pointers, evaluations as well as fitness guides. You can additionally refer to physical fitness publications like “The Men’s Health Home Workout Bible, Fitness permanently, and also the Woman’s Workout Bible.
4. Spending plan – You have to establish what cardio exercise devices you precisely wish to get the very best of exactly what you pay for. Fitness experts recommend choosing brand names that are a little expensive yet of high-grade as opposed to the cheap ones. Less costly brands are usually mass-produced. If you plan to get a treadmill just for strolling, you could currently purchase a good quality and resilient treadmill at the expense of $1,000. If you’re a runner, ideal buy items generally rangers from $1,500 – $2,000. Health and fitness professionals recommend to purchase elliptical instructors setting you back more than $1,000 as less costly machines could just hold up to light use.
There are 2 primary kinds of cardio stationary bicycle: the recumbent as well as the upright. You can currently buy a top quality bike at the cost of $450. Costly brands of bikes cost over $1,390 while the least expensive expense listed below $170. Usual problems among less expensive brands of bikes consist of missing out on parts, difficult to setting up, as well as damages to brittle or plastic parts during delivery.
What are the features to look for?
There is not one machine that is right for everyone. That’s why we have put together this review site so you can compare features and make an informed decision. Drag a model listed below into the table and compare it with other models. Click on Full Review to get a complete review of the unit.
Top Cardio Machines 2017
Here are the top cardio machines for 2017
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill may be a nice low priced treadmill created by Icon Health & Fitness. Icon is one among the foremost standard and trustworthy firms within the fitness business. This product has 6 personal trainer workouts, a comfort padding, and a 2-position manual incline. It’s designed with an incline that’s simple to alter and every exercise is designed by a licensed personal trainer. It’s simply the proper treadmill for anyone wanting to induce additional results in less time and additionally increase the intensity of his or her workouts.
Compared to the additional advanced treadmills just like the Exerpeutic 350 walking fitness treadmill, the Welso provides more for less cash. Most of the users love it because it’s simple to line up and takes less area compared to alternative models. Though many individuals have complained concerning poor client service, most of them are ready to find answers to their questions easily. Overall, it’s a good treadmill that several athletes have reported using when coaching for marathons.
Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
If you’re looking for a great way to stay fit but don’t have time (or motivation) to drive to the gym each day a cycling trainer is a great solution to bringing the gym to you. Sunny Health offers their Sunny Pro Indoor Cycling Bike for those who want the look and feel of a costly trainer without breaking the bank.
Listen to music, watch a movie or even read as you pedal. That’s what the Sunny Pro lets you do.
The Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike is a lot of machine for a moderate price. It has the quality so it will last. It has the features to make it fun to ride. That way you can ride to lose weight and burn fat and have fun while you’re at it.
Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
The Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer is a small piece of exercise equipment that is made up of a small set of foot pedals. While it may not seem like it, this machine offers a full body workout. It is also very affordable in comparison to many other models.
The chassis of the Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer includes only foot pedals. This machine is extremely compact and this makes it suitable to use in all kinds of places from your bedroom and living room to your office. At the same time, it offers an intensive cardio workout and toning for all muscle groups. It is designed to reduce the stress on the joints during exercising and consequently the risk of injuries.
This machine is a great choice for those who don’t have a lot of time to work out. It is also suitable for those who cannot afford to pay the expensive fees that gym memberships charge each month. It is also great for those that don’t want to choose a large machine that takes up a whole lot of space in the house. It is lightweight and can be taken on the go. There is also no maintenance required.
Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
A Maxi Climber is a great cardio machine. Not only does it provide a great workout, it eliminates most of the wear and tear on your joints.
A Maxi Climber is ideal if you want to get in shape for skiing, climbing, hiking or running because they do a good job of toning the butt and thighs. Stair-climbing is also a great way to burn calories and tone your legs.
Most Maxi Climbers have adjustable step heights to allow you to alter the intensity of your workout and a console that enables you to monitor the time spent on the machine, the number of steps completed, the pace at which you’re stepping and the number of calories burned.
Stair climbers remain among the most popular home-fitness exercise solutions because they are convenient and not expensive. Good stair climbers can be found for as little as $1,000, and with proper and regular training this investment will soon pay itself off in terms of fitness and health.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse is a high quality and low priced entry-level stationery exercise bike. It is ideal for people who have limited exercise space and can be stored even in a closet or under a bed. It features a computerized LCD, eight different resistance settings, and has the ability to measure your heart rate. The two main selling points of the Exerpeutic are the “Pulse’’ and the “Folding’’ features. Here is a detailed review of some of these features that have made it be the top seller in Amazon for months.
One of the best features of this product is its super compact design that ensures easy storage. The entire unit weighs only 42.8 pounds and there are wheels at the back so you don’t have to lift it. This is very helpful for those who have small homes since they can move it to where they want to store it and then fold it to half of its size. Despite being so small and light, it can still support a 300 lb weight thanks to its X-frame design.
The Exerpeutic features a large LCD screen display right in front to help you track all your progress. The screen displays the total distance you have ridden over time, calories burned, heart rate readings, and duration.
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
Rowing is a great physical exercise. It helps to increase a person’s fitness level. It involves pulling and pushing, utilizing the arms, shoulders, back, thigh and calves. Nowadays, there are many indoor rowing machines available in the market. These machines bring a lot of health benefits the gym enthusiasts.
The machine has a PM4 performance monitor, 20 inch frame height, and a one-piece leg design which offers you stability and a solid feel. It has a nickel-plated chain which gives the user lower maintenance, and the frame has been power coated and sealed with a clear top coat to obtain extra durability.
The Concept 2 Rower Model D has proven to be a very popular rowing machine among professional athletes and amateur athletes. According to product reviews, they have chosen it to be their favorite out of all the rowing machines available on the market today.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
The earlier version from sunny that we tried in 2014 was low priced and quite basic which had its own limits. So now when we have this magnetic rower with us we do not have much expectation from the same brand. But after using it for one week we can say that the magnetic machine is sort of okay. The rowing positions are pretty awesome. The seat that comes is not comfortable but the foam cushion will make it bearable. As we all know by the name that it is a magnetic rower that means it uses magnets that are placed over the flywheel to stop the pull on the handles. The main advantage is that this model makes less sound than any other air machine.
This Health and Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine comes with a magnetic resistance. It means that it uses its magnet to create the resistance. This magnetic rower is different from water, air, and the hydraulic piston in which they give a silent row with a realistic and smooth motion. The machine has 8 various resistance levels. These levels can be fixed by switching the knob to the central panel. Beginners can choose the easiest level one and level 8 gives a serious athlete workout.
The sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine has a comfortable seat and non slippery grip for best comfort. The foot pedals are quite large and any shoe size can fit into it. It has an adjustable strap to ensure that your foot is in place while you workout. Does not matter how roughly you use the rover it is stable and comfortable.
Stamina 15-0125 InStride Folding Cycle
Are you tired of having to rush to the gym daily or any single time you need to do your cardio? Well, your answer should be a big yes. Considering, the cost and time limitations, am sure you don’t mind a portable, lightweight exercise bike that you can comfortably carry around with you. The Stamina 15-0125 Instride cycle bike is your perfect bet. It is the best if you are considering burning those extra calories anywhere, any time as you carry on with your daily activities. It is a great work out for both the upper and lower body.
The number of times for your workouts is monitored by the electronic monitor keeping you motivated. This great instrument that helps you to be on the know of how long you have been excising in every session. It offers you great benefits on the legs, arms, back and the core when pedaling while seated up straight.
The Instride folding cycle is very easy to carry around, it is fold able and therefore can be carried to the office, on vacation or just used at home for your cardio work outs. This feature also makes it easy to store. It can be stored even in a closet.
DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser
Buying a DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser is a fantastic way to help you lose weight and build up your strength and stamina. Having one in your own home lets you train whenever you feel like it with no extra effort needed. You will not need to venture out in the winter months, find someone to mind the kids or have to find the money for gym fees.
You can jump on the bike in front of the TV, or you can even read your book whilst pedaling. DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exercisers have improved a great deal over the years, and if you invest a reasonable amount of money you can get a great bike.
Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Exercise Peddler
The Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Exercise Peddler has quite interesting features that you will love to know about. Here are those key features:
– Electronic Display: When you are working out it is very important to show you some of the important information and data related to your workout. There are total five functions that are displayed through this electronic display screen. These are: revolution count, revolutions per minute (rpm), calories burned and duration of exercise. You can get the details of your workout from this data and even keep a track on your daily calories burn.
– Adjustable Resistance: Everyone has some different needs and requirements. When you are working out the resistance for different people are different. You should be able to adjust based on your own need and requirements. With this Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Exercise Peddler equipment you will be able to adjust the resistance with the help of tension screw based on your own need.
– Anti-slip Rubber Pads: When you are exercising, it is very important to make sure that you are safe and secured. Otherwise it can get hurt badly. With the help of four anti-slip pads made up of rubber, it is completely safe. These rubber pads prevent sliding away and protect surfaces. So, you can exercise without worrying about the safety and security.
– Foldable Design: The foldable design of this equipment is one of the most interesting things. With this feature you will never have a problem with storage. You can easily fold it and store it anywhere. Even due to this foldable design feature, this peddler is portable and you can take this equipment with you anywhere you want. The folded dimension of this machine is 12.5 inches x 14.7 inches x 6.5 inches.
Categorised in: Cardio Machines